Seven Reasons Why: The Bucket-List by Thomas (Wayne) Devine
Apart from feeling I’ve left it too late to bother to make a bucket-list, there are 7 reasons why I won’t make one. They are based on items I might otherwise put on such a list:
- Work after retirement: I don’t want another job.
- Wealth: I won’t go out of my way to make more money though I’d prefer to leave as much as I can to my children.
- Travel: Would involve too much anxiety about whether I’d make it to the next comfort stop; while overseas travel would require the hassle of explaining to border-security why I’m carrying so many different pills
- Adventure: Except through writing thrillers, and in some of my dreams, I’ve never sought adventure.
- Re-Marriage: my late wife would be irreplaceable, and, with children of my own, I don’t need step-children.
- Health: Improving my health is a lost cause.
- Good deeds: With the limitations of this stage of my life, doing more to help others would require stamina I no longer have.