The U3A Tawa 2023 Initiative
Following the marketing initiatives undertaken in 2022 that involved an Open Day and the development of a new Poster and U3A Leaflet – we need to consider how we can continue to promote U3A Tawa and improve the offerings that we provide to the Tawa community in 2023.
Dave Smith has put forward some very useful ideas. These have been considered by the U3A Committee and there is general agreement that these would be a good basis for our work in 2023.
Therefore, at the AGM we would like your input on the following suggestions:
Increase the number of learning activities
- Identify the sort of courses that will widen and deepen the areas of learning for members – using the knowledge and talents of our members and external expertise.
- Identify the reservoir of knowledge and experience both in the U3A Tawa membership, in Tawa, and wider. This could be via a survey of our members.
- Develop relationships with VUW and Whitireia Polytechnic to seek advice and support.
Promote U3A Tawa to other Organisations
- Contact organisations with elderly membership such as Grey Power, Age Concern, Arthritis NZ, Probus and Summerset on the Landing
- Contact the elderly of other organisations – Māori, Pacific Islands, Asian (including the Filipino community), and Refugees
- Continue to improve the website and the newsletter and provide more support. The idea of three-person editorial committee has been suggested.
Form a Subcommittee
- We need a Subcommittee to develop these ideas further and to provide the resource to undertake the new initiatives.